Frequently Asked Question
1. What is Telefonix SIP Trunking?
Telefonix SIP Trunking is an alternative telephony service to the traditional PSTN/PRI services.
2. How does Telefonix SIP Trunking work?
Telefonix SIP Trunking delivers calls over IP networks and Telefonix networks in the cloud. It enables higher volume of calls at lower costs compared to the traditional landline phone.
3. What are the requirements to subscribe to Telefonix SIP Trunking?
In order to subscribe to Telefonix SIP Trunking, you are required to have a broadband connection.
4. What is the minimum broadband bandwidth requirement?
The typical requirement for Telefonix SIP Trunking is bandwidth speed of 64kbps. In order to experience better quality combination between data and voice, we recommend a higher bandwidth.
5. I have my own key phone/PABX, how does it work with Telefonix SIP Trunking?
Once you have registered for Telefonix SIP Trunking, you can connect an Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA) to your key phone/PABX in order to receive and make calls.
6. What is Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA)?
An Analogue Telephone Adaptor is a device which converts analogue signal to digital signal.
7. I don’t own an Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA), what can I do?
Once you have registered for Telephone SIP Trunking, you can choose for upright purchase or loan an Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA) from us.
8. I have my own IP PBX, how does it work with Telefonix SIP Trunking?
Once you have registered for Telefonix SIP Trunking, we will provide guidance to connect your IP PBX to our Telefonix SIP server with a designated credential in order to receive and make calls.
9. I have an Analogue phone, how does it work with Telefonix SIP Trunking?
You can chose for upright purchase or loan for the IP Phones from us.
10. I do not have any equipment, can I still sign up Telefonix SIP Trunking?
Yes, you can still sign up for Telefonix SIP Trunking as long as your office is equipped with broadband connection.
11. Who is eligible to apply for Telefonix SIP Trunking?
Business owners, with a valid business registration number, can sign up for this plan with the following supporting documents:
- Photocopy of authorised signatory’s NRIC (both sides)/passport (for Non-Malaysians)
- Photocopy of the following certified documents (whichever applies):
- Form 9, 24, 49 and/or 13 (private company)
- Form 8 & 23 (public company)
- Form D & A (sole proprietorship)
- Form D & B (partnership)
- Form 79, 80, 80A or 83A (foreign company)
- Documents issued by relevant authorities (NGO/association/corporation/foreign company/embassy/government)
12. Can I sign up Telefonix SIP Trunking for personal use?
Unfortunately, Telefonix SIP Trunking is designated for business users with a valid business registration number only.
13. How do I subscribe to Telefonix SIP Trunking?
Please write to us at email@example.com or call 03-2727 8888 to speak to a sales consultant immediately.
14. What are the charges for Telefonix SIP Trunking?
There is a monthly commitment fee (vary according to package) and additional call usage beyond commitment if any.
15. Will I get an Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA) upon signing up for Telefonix SIP Trunking?
In the event that you need an ATA device, you can choose for upright purchase or as rental basis.
16. How many ATA can I rent from Telefonix?
You may rent as many devices as necessary.
17. Is any warranty provided for the ATA?
Yes, there is a one (1) year warranty period provided for the outright purchase of the ATA device and a lifetime warranty period for rental basis.
18. Is any installation required for Telefonix SIP Trunking?
No on-site installation is necessary given your business premise is equipped with IP enabled PBX. In the event you rent an ATA from Telefonix, on-site installation will be provided.
19. Will I be charged for on-site installation?
The installation fee of RM200 might be applicable.
20. What does Telefonix on-site installation cover?
Telefonix on-site installation includes wiring from the customer’s network equipment to the ATA box, wiring from the customer’s PBX (if any) to the ATA box, as well as testing and commissioning of the ATA box.
21. Is there any deposit when signing up for Telefonix SIP Trunking?
There is no deposit required for Telefonix SIP Trunking Silver package. However, if you would like to rent an ATA from Telefonix, you will be bound by a 12-month contract.
22. Is there an upfront payment needed when signing up for Telefonix SIP Trunking?
No upfront payment is necessary.
23. Is there a minimum contract period when subscribing to Telefonix SIP Trunking?
There is no minimum contract period. However, if you would like to rent an ATA from Telefonix, you will be bound by a 12-month contract.
24. Does Telefonix SIP Trunking support fax / credit card terminal?
25. Can I upgrade or downgrade my plan?
Yes, you can. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 03-3000 8888 before your next billing cycle.
26. Are there additional charges if I move addresses?
We have free number retention feature in our package, therefore there are no additional charges incur if you move/relocate to a new location.
27. Can I cancel the service within the contract period?
Yes, you just need to provide us with one (1) month written notice in advance.
29. Do I need to return the ATA upon cancelling the service?
Yes, if you rent the ATA from Telefonix, the ATA must be returned in good condition.
30. What happens if I lose or damage the ATA or any other accessories?
Any lost/damaged device(s) accessories must be reimbursed by the customer. For futher breakdown of charges, please write to us at email@example.com or call us at 03-3000 8888.